"Go,therefore, make disciples of all nations... and teach them to observe all the commands I gave you"
Rules & Regulation
- The Management reserves the right to grant admission to students and its decisions shall be final and binding.
- Wearing of College Identity Cards is compulsory, while the students are in the College Campus.
- No student is to represent the College for any event outside the College Campus without being sent or directed by the College.
- All students attending events outside the College are expected to carry oneself in a befitting manner with discipline and decorum.
- Each Semester consists of a minimum of 90 working days, excluding days of semester examinations and other activities. These 90 days are divided into 15 weeks, each week consisting of 6 days, named as A, B, C, D, E and F.
- The regular class hours are from 9:20 AM to 4:00 PM.
- The first bell of the day is rung at 9:20 AM and there will be a prayer / assembly at 9:25 AM, followed by the first hour of class at 9:30 AM.
- There will be a warning bell five minutes before the commencement of classes for each session, while the students are to go to their respective classes and take their seats and be ready for the classes.
- The students are expected to remain strictly in silence within the classroom in between the class hours, while waiting for the faculty or in cases of the faculty being busy with other duties or absent from duties. The students are not allowed to leave the classroom during the class hours.
- No student should leave the classroom during class hours without the permission of the faculty.
- The students have to move swiftly in silence, when there is a need to shift classrooms.
- Only the short break and the lunch break may be used for visiting washrooms and for drinking water.
- Emergency needs and situations are to be brought to the notice of the faculty immediately.
- Late comers should strictly get a permission slip from the principal to enter into the class.
Dress Code and Etiquette
- Students are expected to attend the College neatly dressed adhering to approved etiquette.
- The students are to wear College uniform on all days of College except on Wednesdays.
- The students should not alter the College uniform at any circumstances.
- If any student alters the College uniform, the student will be penalised and shall be instructed to buy new one(s).
- Male students are prohibited from wearing round necked T-Shirts, T-Shirts with images, icons, words, cargo trousers with multi-pockets and hangings, jeans, caps, wrist bands, ear-rings, keep long beard, long and untrimmed hair.
- Female students are prohibited from wearing leggings, mini skirts, T-Shirts, short tops, jeans, shorts, sleeveless shirts / tops, cargo pants, sleeveless blouses, skin tight pants, high heeled shoes, wrist bands, fancy hair clips and ear-rings.
- The students are to wear plain black socks and shoes, neatly polished.
- The girls are to keep only pony-tailed hair, neatly tied with a black hair band; hair clips or pins are not permitted.
- The students are not allowed to colour their hair.
- The dress code for Sports and Games shall be individual sports uniform with canvas shoes.
- The students are to keep their nails trimmed and clean.
Attendance and Leave
- University and College rules require REGULAR ATTENDANCE for both theory and practical hours. Attendance is noted for each period at the commencement of the class.
- A student who is not in the class when attendance is taken shall be marked absent. If a student absents oneself even for one hour, (s)he shall lose attendance for that entire session.
- For attending pre-planned events and programmes, prior permission for leave needs to be taken. In case of emergency situations of illness, etc., the parent / guardian / warden of the hostel has to inform of the absence to the faculty in-charge over telephone by 9:00 AM.
- Only the Leave application format available in the College Office shall be used for applying for leave. The leave application signed by the student and one's parent / guardian / warden of the hostel should be submitted in advance or on the first day of his / her return to the College after the leave to the faculty in-charge. The student has to explain the reason for absence to the faculty in-charge and then take the leave application for approval of the Head of the Department and submit the same to the faculty in-charge. No student is allowed to attend class without getting the leave approved. In case of absence on medical reasons, the student should produce a medical certificate from a registered medical practitioner.
- The students must look at the absentee list put up on the College notice board every day; if anyone is marked absent by mistake, then he/she should approach for rectification by obtaining a correction slip issued by the concerned faculty and countersigned by the Head of the Department.
- Periodic intimation will be given to the parent / guardian of the student for information and suitable action. The attendance of every student will be summed up at the end of each semester.
- No student is allowed to take leave during Tests or Assignments or exempted from them.
- Fee concession holders and scholarship holders should have minimum 90% attendance as per Government Order.
- To appear for the University Semester Examinations, the University rules require a minimum of 75% attendance.
General Rules to Student
- Students are strictly not permitted to carry Mobile Phones, Tab, Cameras, IPods, MP3 Players, or any other gadget to the College.
- Students have to wear the Identity Cards issued by the College throughout their stay in the campus. Entry to the campus will be allowed only on production of Identity Cards to the security personnel at the College gate(s).
- Any loss of Identity Card has to be reported immediately to the College office and application for new Identity Card needs to be submitted with the required fees.
- Students of one class are not allowed to enter into any other class without prior permission from the faculty.
- Students shall make every endeavour to keep the College buildings, facilities and campus clean. Students are requested to use the dust bin and should not throw anything in the classroom or corridor or keep waste or personal things inside the desk.
- The students are not allowed to lean on to the walls or place their feet on them.
- Students are not allowed to sit in the railings or on the steps of staircases.
- Students are forbidden from writing, scribbling, painting on the walls, desks or any other facility of the College.
- Students found guilty of damaging, destroying College property shall be penalised and asked to replace the same at their own cost.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited inside the College campus as per Government Order.
- Students found using drugs or liquor or any other contraband material shall be dismissed immediately.
- Students should not participate in political or communal activities.
- Students and parents shall co-operate with every activity of the College during and outside the College hours.
- No activities or functions shall be taken up by the students in the College without obtaining prior permission from the College authorities.
- Students found guilty of using foul language or behaving rudely towards the staff members or fellow students will be expelled from the College.
- Students are advised to read notices put on the notice board. Ignorance of any notice thus put up will not be accepted as an excuse for failing to comply with it.
- Eve-teasing and ragging are banned in the campus. If any student indulges in eve-teasing and ragging, criminal action will be initiated against that student.
- Students are permitted to the College office during the Intervals / Lunch Break / after 4:00 PM for official work and payment of fees.
Issue of certificates
- Transfer Certificates will be issued to students who leave the Institution, only after all the dues are paid.
- Certificate (Transfer, conduct, etc.) will be issued within a week from the date of application.
Under Tamil Nadu Educational rules
- The Principal is empowered to inflict the following punishments in the interest of students of the institution:
- Loss of attendance
- Loss of term certificate
- Suspension and
- The power to take disciplinary action against a student is inherent with the Principal