PREVENTION OF SEXUAL HARASSEMENT COMMITTEE
Chairman – Principal
Coordinator – One of the Teaching Faculties
Members – 5 to 6 Faculties from various departments
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To ensure provision of a work and educational environment that is free from sexual harassment.
- To take all reasonable steps to prevent the harassment occurring;
- To address any oral/written complaint about unwelcome sexual advances, unsolicited acts of physical intimacy.
- To obtain high level support from the chief executive officer and Principal & Director for implementing a comprehensive strategy
- Providing information to all staff and students about what constitutes sexual harassment and about their responsibility not to sexually harass other staff and students
- Providing information and training managers, supervisors and staff conducting teaching and learning activities on meeting their responsibilities in relation to maintaining a work and study environment free from sexual harassment.
- To develop a written policy which prohibits sexual harassment for the Institution
- To ensure and reinforce the policy at staff meetings.
- Provide the policy and other relevant information on sexual harassment to new staff as a standard part of induction; periodically review the policy to ensure it is operating effectively and contains up to date information.
- Display anti-sexual harassment posters on notice boards in common work areas and distribute relevant brochures;
- Conduct regular awareness rising sessions for all staff on sexual harassment issues.
|2||Dr.Mithra||Co-ordinator||Assistant Professor of Computer Science|
|4||Dr.S.AngelJeyalet Rani||Member||Assistant Professor of Tamil|
|5||Dr.M.Subala||Member||Assistant Professor of Commerce|
|6||Dr.D.Stalin||Member||Assistant Professor of Mathematics|
|7||Dr.A.Amala Rani||Member||Assistant Professor of Physics|