Chairman : Principal
Advisor : Secretary & Correspondent
Convener : One of the faculties
Members : Three to five faculties
Roles and Responsibilities of the Red Ribbon Club
- To educate the youth with correct, concise and adequate information and heighten their level of awareness about HIV/AIDS/STI/sexuality and other related issues (thus eliminate myths and misconceptions).
- To enable the youth, especially the female students, to identify and understand situations of exploitation and abuse.
- To sensitize the youth regarding care and support needs of PLWHA and instil in them the spirit of helping and supporting the people living with HIV/AIDS (PLWHA) and reduce the stigma and discrimination against them.
- To increase the youth’s access to health care services related to STI / HIV/AIDS/drug use.
- To create linkages between youth and governmental, non – governmental agencies and CBOs to access safe and responsible healthy behaviour.
- To organize and facilitate voluntary blood donation camps and mobilize the youth for voluntary blood donation.
- To create a cadre of peer educators among the youth for seeking and encouraging positive health behaviour as well as ensuring sustainability of the club.
|1||Dr S Isias||Chairperson||Principal|
|2||Very Rev Fr Antony Jose||Advisor||Secretary and Correspondent|
|3||Dr.M.Sugin Raj||Co-ordinator||Assistant Professor of Commerce|
|4||Dr. K.S Mithra||Member||Assistant Professor of Computer Science|
|5||Dr.Jeba Jeeva Rani||Member||Head and Assistant Professor of Chemistry|
|6||Ms.N.S.Abitha,||Member||Assistant Professor of Tamil|
|7||Dr.Pranesh Kumar||Member||Head and Assistant Professor of English|