Chairman : Principal
Advisor : Secretary & Correspondent
Convener : One of the faculties
Members : Three to five faculties
Roles and Responsibilities of the Red Ribbon Club
- To educate the youth with correct, concise and adequate information and heighten their level of awareness about HIV/AIDS/STI/sexuality and other related issues (thus eliminate myths and misconceptions).
- To enable the youth, especially the female students, to identify and understand situations of exploitation and abuse.
- To sensitize the youth regarding care and support needs of PLWHA and instil in them the spirit of helping and supporting the people living with HIV/AIDS (PLWHA) and reduce the stigma and discrimination against them.
- To increase the youth’s access to health care services related to STI / HIV/AIDS/drug use.
- To create linkages between youth and governmental, non – governmental agencies and CBOs to access safe and responsible healthy behaviour.
- To organize and facilitate voluntary blood donation camps and mobilize the youth for voluntary blood donation.
- To create a cadre of peer educators among the youth for seeking and encouraging positive health behaviour as well as ensuring sustainability of the club.
|Dr S Isias
|Very Rev Fr Antony Jose
|Secretary and Correspondent
|Assistant Professor of Commerce
|Dr. K.S Mithra
|Assistant Professor of Computer Science
|Dr.Jeba Jeeva Rani
|Head and Assistant Professor of Chemistry
|Assistant Professor of Tamil
|Head and Assistant Professor of English