Advisor : Secretary and Correspondent
Chairman : Principal
Convener : One of the Research Supervisor
Members : All Department Heads
Roles and Responsibilities
- To organize, plan, and coordinate the State/National/Internal Seminars,Conferences, Workshops, and Webinars periodically.
- To arrange periodical guest lecture on emerging and contemporary legal aspects.
- To develop research and analytical skills among students and academicians and to encourage presentation of their thoughts and ideas.
- To build up good relation with stakeholders through sponsorship and potential participation.
- To provide support and guidance to the seminar and conference committee.
- To select committee chairs and committee members with the Convenor’s recommendations.
- To prepare the budget and finalize topics and speakers for the seminar and conference.
- To work along with the Principal/Convener to ensure cost effective sessions.
- To communicate with the speakers/chief guest/resource person including issuing contracts.
- To ask the speaker to complete the online form that includes information about the session as well as demographic information about the speaker.
- To make travel arrangements, and hotel lodging reservations when necessary.
- To act as a liaison to sponsoring organizations or the affiliated organizations.
- To sign all contracts between the publishing agency and any service providers.
- To provide a listing to the finance committee chair of all expenses that will be reimbursed by the seminar for each speaker.
- To prepare final seminar and conference report from committee reports.
- To collect and save records to pass on to the Principal/IQAC.
- To create a conducive environment for promotion of Research & Innovation activities in the institute.
- To encourage faculty members to apply for Major, Minor Research Projects,Incubation, Design and innovation Centres.
- To ensure smooth functioning and effective Management of Research Innovation activities at the institute.
- To promote collaborative research.
- To strengthen industry – institute interaction by promoting consultancy, testing and need based research and innovation activities in the institute.
- To formulate policy on all research related matters which impacts the strategic objectives of the College.
- To consider and make recommendations on matters of policy relating to research including matters referred by the Council and other College committees.
- To review and oversee the implementation of College’s policy on research ethics.
- To monitor the relevance and efficacy of established policy – addressing shortcomings and anomalies so as to facilitate high quality research activities within the College structures.
- To oversee quality assurance and improvement measures in respect of research activity, including the efficacy of research quality measures.
- To advise the Dean of Research in his role in reporting internally and externally on research related matters.
- To review Annual Reports related to research and to make recommendations to the Council.
- To approve procedures for allocating research funds and monitor their implementation.
- To establish Advisory Committees and Working Groups as required to develop and oversee policy in respect of research matters.
|Dr.P.H.Sudharlin Paul||Member||Head and Assistant Professor of Physics|
|Dr.M.Jeba Jeeva Rani||Member||Head and Assistant Professor of Chemistry|
|Dr.R.Pranesh Kumar||Member||Head and Assistant Professor of English|
|Dr.S.Sanjith||Member||Head and Assistant Professor of Computer Science|
|Dr.P.S.Rajesh||Member||Head and Assistant Professor of Tamil|
|Dr.Subitha .A||Member||Head and Assistant Professor of Mathematics|